We at the People for Animal Welfare Support (PAWS) want this website to be a safe place for users. PAWS will do its part by not requiring you to register or provide any information at all to read about what we are doing on a day by day basis. In turn, you can do your part by reading this policy, making your own informed decisions, and taking the precautions outlined below.
There are certain actions and areas of the site that will require you to provide personal information, such as:
- registering for our e-newsletters or other e-mails
- applying for a volunteer position
- making a donation.(online donation is still to be organized)
Personal Information You May Choose to Provide:
In order to utilize certain features of our site or receive information from PAWS, you may choose to provide information. If you do submit information to us, we will use that information for the purposes for which it was submitted. We may also use your information in other ways, such as to contact you about other PAWS activities and/or fundraising campaigns or as otherwise disclosed to you at the point of collection. For example:
- If you join our main newsletter list by registering for PAWS newsletter, we will have a record of your e-mail address and all other information you choose to provide. We will send you newsletter and also may contact you with action alerts to help animals, fundraising campaigns, and other PAWS activities.
- If you make an online donation to PAWS, your information will be added to our donor list and database, and you may be contacted about other PAWS activities, news, action alerts, and/or fundraising campaigns. PAWS does not sell, rent, exchange or otherwise disclose your information, including your name, address, e-mail address or any other personal information, with any group, private, public or non-profit.
- When you take an action such as sending an e-mail or letter to your elected representatives, government officials or other targets of PAWS advocacy, PAWS is not responsible for what these recipients may do with the information you provide to them. Please note that officials receiving these communications may choose to contact you. In addition, sometimes government agencies add the names of people who submit comments on government proposals into public documents recording the names of people who’ve commented in favor or opposed to a given proposal. This is often a part of the government process for receiving and recording feedback from the public. Government agencies typically have strict guidelines around not misusing information provided to them by the public for other purposes. However, you should review the policies of the appropriate government body if you are concerned.
- We will receive any other information you choose to provide. For example, we may manage blogs or allow you to post stories or photos from time to time. By submitting such information to us, you give us permission to post it in the designated area on our website, edit it, or remove it if we deem that the content is not appropriate, outdated, etc. To protect your privacy, please do not include any identifying information when submitting blog entries or stories.
The http://paws.org.mtsite is owned and operated solely by PAWS.
You should be aware that we use third-party vendors to provide services on this site and in our offline business operations. The information that you submit on this site may be provided to those vendors on a confidential basis so that those vendors can provide services (such as maintaining our database, sending e-mail messages to activists, facilitating our fundraising activities and campaigns, or processing credit card transactions) on our behalf.
Financial Information You May Choose to Provide:
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
Information We Automatically Collect and Store:
As is true of most websites you enter, we automatically collect and store some information about your computer and your visit and store it in log files. This information includes information such as your computer’s (or your Internet Service Provider’s) Internet Protocol (IP) address (this is not your e-mail address); the domain from which you access the Internet (e.g., “AOL.com” or “Malta.edu”); the name, version, and specifications of your computer and your computer’s operating system; the Internet address of the website, if any, from which you came to our site; the date and time you arrived at our site and how long you spent on the site; and which pages you visited.
We use this information to formulate statistics that show the number of visitors to the different sections of our site and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. For example, we use the browser information to help us design our website so that as many people as possible will be able to view the pages correctly. These statistics do not reveal personal information.
Use of “Cookies”:
We use Long-term Cookies only when you select a “remember” option on the PAWS Site, for example the “remember me” option offered on a “take action” page. If you select this option, a Long-term Cookie will be stored on your computer’s hard drive solely for the purpose of automatically filling in the remembered information, for example, automatically filling in your postal address when you write a letter to your representative. These “remember” options are offered only for your convenience and are completely voluntary. If you do not select a “remember” option, no Long-Term Cookie will be stored on your computer’s hard drive.
This website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. The security measures used on this site include, but are not limited to, industry-standard firewalls and internal policies to maintain the security of stored data. The Voluntarily Submitted Data we collect about you is stored on a secure, password protected server and only authorized personnel have access to your information. While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Help Is Needed:
Although PAWS does its best to protect your privacy on our websites, we need your help. You can help in the following ways:
- You have control over your own privacy. Think carefully before providing any personal information.
- Although this site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, no e-mail or Web transmission is completely secure against interception. If you are worried because your communication is very sensitive, do not send it via e-mail or submit it online. See below for additional ways to contact us.
- We may send you personalized information via e-mail or provide personalized links in e-mails that allow data fields to be automatically populated with certain personal information. Therefore, you should always keep your e-mail account information secure and not allow others to access your e-mail account.
- Your browser and operating system contain other records of your Web browsing and other actions (e.g., browser history). You can find information about how to clear this history trail in your browser’s “Help” section or through other websites that provide detailed information for each browser and operating system.
How to Unsubscribe or Contact PAWS About Your Information:
At any time you may self-manage your subscription to our e-newsletters by clicking on the “unsubscribe/change profile” link at the bottom of our e-newsletters. Alternately, you can change your contact information or opt-out of our electronic communications by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com with your complete name, mailing address and e-mail address. Note that your donation records will remain in PAWS’ donor database, but your e-mail address will be deactivated from our electronic communication network.
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via postal mail:
PAWS Malta – Webmaster
The Charity Shop
9 Triq il-Mensija